Westinghouse stove too old?

My stove is about 35 years old. I never was able to locate the model number. One of the eyes went out, and I have been using only 3 for years.

Well my dryer went out, so I called the repairman. He came out and fixed the dryer, so I had him look at the stove. He said the control rheostat was bad and they don't make them anymore.

True?

Reply to
metspitzer

May be true but doesn't mean there isn't a spare somewhere in some parts store somewhere in the USA or Canada.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

There could be a universal type replacement control. I get them all the time for commercial cooking equipment.

An example for a GE stove has a shaft with break-off cuts to adjust shaft length. Universal controls are like this one:

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Very possible they are not made. Alternatives are to try a new model that may also fit, but you have some expense there if you want to experiment. I'd not invest a lot of money in a stove that old as other parts may go soon too.

New stove will cost from "$400 to five times that depending on how fancy you want to get.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Likely. Should have fixed it 3 years ago - MIGHT have been available then.

Reply to
clare

Quite possible, they no longer make elements for my Westinghouse stove that is 14 years old. However there are "universal" elements available. Check with a local parts supply house and ask.

Reply to
PV