Westinghouse stove too old?

My stove is about 35 years old. I never was able to locate the model number. One of the eyes went out, and I have been using only 3 for years.
Well my dryer went out, so I called the repairman. He came out and fixed the dryer, so I had him look at the stove. He said the control rheostat was bad and they don't make them anymore.
True?
metspitzer wrote:

May be true but doesn't mean there isn't a spare somewhere in some parts store somewhere in the USA or Canada.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?
metspitzer wrote:

There could be a universal type replacement control. I get them all the time for commercial cooking equipment.
http://www.myapplianceparts.com/overstocked_stove_oven_range_parts.asp
An example for a GE stove has a shaft with break-off cuts to adjust shaft length. Universal controls are like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/6k7837
TDD

Very possible they are not made. Alternatives are to try a new model that may also fit, but you have some expense there if you want to experiment. I'd not invest a lot of money in a stove that old as other parts may go soon too.
New stove will cost from "$400 to five times that depending on how fancy you want to get.

then.
metspitzer wrote:

Quite possible, they no longer make elements for my Westinghouse stove that is 14 years old. However there are "universal" elements available. Check with a local parts supply house and ask.
--
PV

Do not compute the totality of your poultry population before the
manifestations of incubation have ceased.