Well water pumps starts with a bang

My well water pumps start up with a "bang" about 8 out of 10 times. Before I go replacing things willy-nilly I thought I would ask around.
The baldder in my holding tank in not leaking, it hold it's pressure of about 38LB. My pressure settings is 41 on/low to 59 off/high Well pump is only 2 yesr old.
Any thoughts anybody?
Thank you in advance.
RSC http://www.schmooseme.net for fun
RSC wrote:

Deep submersible? Jet pump?
Is the bang at the instant the pump starts, or a bit later as pressure builds?
Where do you hear the sound come from?
The check valve is sticking, then slamming open.

My thought also.

The pump is submersible and the bang happends right when it starts. I can't realy tell where it's comming from. I put my ear on the tank and my hand on the check valve and still the whole thing just bangs. No pipes touching a wall. I will replace the check valve, that makes the most sense.
RSC
Thanks

Shouldn't be (but commonly is) a checkvalve except for the one built into the pump.
Harry K
I replaced the check valve and the bang is still there. It is a bit quiter as the pipe may have been hitting the wall making the sound louder. The bang sound is not killing me but does anyone think it is bad for my pump to keep banging like that?
Thanks RSC

Certainly is bad for something, Pipe, pump, wires, eventually something will give.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I forget--was this a deep well pump? Snubber failed, perhaps?
deep yes, what's a snubber?
I know I'm asking for it with that question........
RSC
RSC wrote:

Anti-rotation device to prevent pump rotation...perhaps its the pump itself hitting casing when it starts.
I would say, if that's the case, my days are numbered till I get a broken service wire or worse. This spring I'll have to stick my head in the well and listen.
Thanks for the info!
RSC
RSC wrote:

That would be my guess as most likely failure followed by a fatigue failure of the discharge pipe at the pump outlet...

Sounds like pump and tank are normal. All I can think of is a pipe loose in a hanger banging against something.
Harry K