Welding is very dangerous

Page 3 of 3

So does a ferret fetus.

It does, once it's born.
-- Ed Huntress
Zootal wrote:

Is that at the point before or after the lizard tail disappears?
--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

No problem Gunner. I still feel a bit stupid for letting the end of that rod get me twice in the same day. If it had been two different days I could have written it off to advancing age and poor memory access.
Stu Fields the Chief Pilot of Experimental Helo Magazine. Note Truth in Advertising requires that I inform that I'm the only pilot for Experimental Helo Magazine. Note 2: Truth in Advertising is a truly anachronistic relic of the past.

Which Ultralight helicopter and how did it perform? I'm interested in them but will probably never be able to afford one. Karl
< Which Ultralight helicopter and how did it perform? I'm interested in them but will probably never be able to afford one. Karl
Karl: It was the Mosquito Air and I was thoroughly impressed with the stability and control. I only had about 10 minutes with it so I didn't fly it high and try some autorotations but I did hover and air taxi the thing from one end of the airport to the other. Stu

Stu Thanks for the reply and info. I'm looking it up now. Karl
There was a girl in our grade eleven class that claimed she was a virgin. We thought she must be a welder.

She ain't Palin's kid!!!!!!

Back in the early 70's, the owner of the shop I supervised hired a pair of brothers, "hippies" they were for sure, and assigned them to my crew, taking away my two best trained workers. (I think he either knew of my patience or my need for amusement). Their dad had taught them the rudiments of stick-welding and some of the trades before they "went that away". They came to work in ragged-out jeans, though they did wear a sort of waffle-stomper hiking boots.
Downtown Bethesda, MD, one late June morning, wellding up a bracket for the sign we were installing, Mike was on the sidewalk, beside the truck, welding up this bracket and the sparks "caught" in the fringe on his jeans-cuffs. It was a hot June day, and I guess he ignored it all until the flames got up around both his kknees. He dropped the stick, and started to howl, moan and dance on the sidewalk. It looked like he was doing something like the Watusi or the funky-chicken, with a dash of whirling dervish thrown in for good measure. We got him extinguished with the jug of lemonade, but what was left was ugly, red, and immodest.
His hippie love-life took a downturn for a while, too, so he said.
"hgr" probably wouldn't comment on that
Flash
On 9/14/2008 6:25 PM Flash spake thus:

I give your story an 8.5 (especially cuz you can dance to it).

All weldors discover, one day, that they are great dancers.