Welding is very dangerous

Aw, c'mon Gunner- that's only 2 states. ME & VT.

Cool chart here-

14 states restrict past felons from voting]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Well I have to agree with stu.pid, based on the number of mistakes I've made in my life but slow learner and uncoordinated? I recently checked myself out in an ultralight helicopter where you can't get instruction just strap it on and find out how it flies and that does take some learning and coordination that must be acquired in less than 2 seconds. Also recently did the first flight on a newly finished experimental helicopter. Again coordination skills are paramount. Oh did I say that I played professional guitar for awhile? No there seems to be some evidence that uncoordinated and slow learning might not be true. Careless is probably a better charge on the obtaining proper protection for welding. It was 100 degrees in the shop and I didn't want to put more clothes on for just the short bead that turned into a longer job.

Reply to
Stuart Fields

Sorry Stuart..I though you were the other guy I call Stu..pid, the leftwing moron who bleeds and blusters as his masters in the DNC programmed him to do.

Blink blink...it was late and I was tired. Mea Culpa

You for SURE are not stupid nor uncoordinated! Ive been up close and personal to those nifty sky gokarts you push around in the air..and having had a bit of rotor time myself...know full well that to fly one, requires one to stand on a basketball, patting the top of ones head while rubbing ones tummy.

And besides..I like you, unlike Stu..pid.

Gunner, apologizing for his mistaken identity issue.

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On 9/15/2008 10:30 AM Gunner Asch spake thus:

A fetus is not a baby, you nimrod.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

No problem Gunner. I still feel a bit stupid for letting the end of that rod get me twice in the same day. If it had been two different days I could have written it off to advancing age and poor memory access.

Stu Fields the Chief Pilot of Experimental Helo Magazine. Note Truth in Advertising requires that I inform that I'm the only pilot for Experimental Helo Magazine. Note 2: Truth in Advertising is a truly anachronistic relic of the past.

Reply to
Stuart Fields

Sure it is.

Are you claiming that a baby isnt a human, because its not 6', 214 lbs and can punch your jaw sideways?

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On 9/15/2008 2:31 PM Gunner Asch spake thus:

Look: not even Antonin Scalia agrees with you. Saw him interviewed on TV last night. As strong an abortion opponent as he is, he stated plainly that he thinks Constitutional guarantees to protection extend only to what he called "walking-around" people, not unborn fetuses.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I thought that was, "Sarah Palin -- Kills moose and taxes the lower 48."

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

No it isn't.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Sarah Palin has just about exhausted her usefulness Ed. She will increasingly become Albatross II along with Albatross I, Mr. Bush, going forward. Albatross Zero, which is where we count forward from these days, is John S. McCain.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But it has a brain and beating heart. Sure sounds like a human to me.

Reply to
Zootal

Or a frog. Make better kids if you want fewer abortions. Otherwise your "wisdom" isn't mush more than cheap electoral politics. You don't want to do the work. You want "Government" to do it for you.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I see that the polls are creeping back down for McCain. His rolling average is back to +1.6.

That doesn't tell us anything long term, but it does suggest that the bloom may be off the Alaskan rose.

Did you see the crowd at his town meeting today? It looked like the audience for a seniors' ping-pong tournament in Utah.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So does a ferret fetus.

It does, once it's born.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I had breakfast with Mike this morning. We have a commercial property in Redondo. Actually, he does, I just hooked it up. OOOH Baby! The thing is upside down but what I caught Holy Hell for was not being more forcefull in my comments when he and I sat down some months ago. HUH? I don't think my advice to get over to the nearest Bosley clinic was appreciated either. The Eggs Florentine at the Beverly Wilshire are still GREAT though.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

A frog fetus won't become a human. A human fetus can. Murder is murder, whether or not the "fetus" has passed through the birth canal or not.

Reply to
Zootal

Is that at the point before or after the lizard tail disappears?

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Ha-ha! Send him a copy of David Crosby's "Almost Cut My Hair." I find that balding people appreciate that.

Phffft! I had Cheerios and a banana at my picnic table....sheesh.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

How far did you have to chase the monkey? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The problem is..is that the sole difference between what you call a fetus and a baby is its location. By your defintion..its a fetus inside the womb, and 20 seconds later, its a baby after exiting the womb.

Your ilk really need to come up with a better definition of fetus. Try one based on viability outside the womb.

A fetus in my world, is a polywog that hasnt developed human charectoristics yet. The moment it is fully formed, it becomes a baby, no matter if its in the womb or not.

I should note, that Im Pro Choice. And I carry it further than you do. If you are allowed to murder your baby before its born, I believe you should be able to murder it after its born. All the way up to the age of Majority, where it becomes an independant entity, rather than a parasitic tissue mass.

And if it moves back into your basement, its fair game again as it reverts to being a parasitic tissue mass. Like many posters here in fact.

Gunner