Weird noise in pipes. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2
On Nov 27, 1:43pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Last year I started getting a very low, tapering off, bump...bump...bump...bump that lasted for a few seconds whenever I turned off any fixture in the house.
I tested the pressure at the utility sink and found that it was at street pressure. I replaced the Pressure Reducer Valve and the noise went away.
http://www.plumbinghelp.ca/pressure_reducing_valve.php