Weather report

Here is Atlanta's weather report. For Sunday, it says 57 and 36. Would that 36 be say around 3AM Sunday morning or 3AM Mon morning?

Metspitzer

Here is the USA's weather report for the next decade:

Heavy Weather

Home Guy

It's not always clear. I went to weather channel, It will be 36 degrees 4 o'clock tomorrow morning. It says tonight, but includes till morning.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Hmmm, Typu\ically warmest time of the day is around 2-3PM, coldest is around

3-4AM. Usually we break down temp for morning, day, evening and night. Anything else? I have my own weather station in the middle of my front yard from which I can read various conditions on my indoor console.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

...long link snipped...

Weather websites don't look backward, unless of course you click some sort of "history" link. You can rest assured that it's the upcoming 3AM that they are forecasting.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If it says 57 and 36, I would presume the day time high on Sunday is going to be 57 followed by an overnight low of 36. That's simply because if the 57 is given first, it makes some kinda horse sense to assume it's gonna occur first, too.

The overnight low won't be in the middle of the night as your question suggests. As long as the Sun is set, the outdoor temperature will continue to go down. So it's always coldest immediately before sunrise, or at (I'm guessing) about 5:30 or so Atlanta time.

Reply to
nestork

Here's a graph that should clear things up.

Tonya Harding

The two I've used display the same "forecast" until the day is over. Which is sort of like looking backward.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Sunday morning. Sunday is Sunday, not Monday. But it would be later Sunday morning, just before dawn is the coldest time.

Reply to
dadiOH

I've had that on record, CD (and probably tape) for over three decades. It's a keeper.

Reply to
krw

If it's zero degrees today and the forecast says it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how bloody cold *is* it going to be?

Reply to
G. Morgan

That's easy. -136C or -278F. ;-)

Reply to