Water Source Heat Pump

Ive got a Tran 5T and had it 3 years. It went out and I was told it was my compressor...The kicker was It cost $975 to replace.. Did I get a screwing or what??? Anybody else got one.. I sure like the warm heat instead of the cold heat pump air. Dang Im having to pay for it.

Reply to
Fatdaddy

Most compressors have a 5 year warranty (part only, not labor) Were you told the $975 before you had it done (if you've had it done already)? Did you get at least one other estimate/opinion/recommendation. Its your money. Spend it wisely Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Probably has a 5 year warranty at least on the part.

Reply to
Art

"Fatdaddy" wrote

Like the other guys said: Should have had at LEAST a five year warranty on it (if not 10). If it was NOT under warranty (maybe it was older than 5 years. Time flies when you are having fun) $975 to replace a non-warranty compressor is a pretty good price......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

In my Tran manual it reads this comes with a 12mos warranty after install date. A extended warranty can be bought. I have a 3T Trane Heat Pump in my upstairs and it comes with a 5 year warranty for compressor. Ive been asking around and im told water source have one year on compressors....

Reply to
Fatdaddy