Water on Garage Floor - Please HELP

Hello,
My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that this water could cause damage to my walls.
I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, EN
"EN" wrote in message

Yes. Answer below ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
Park outside
EN wrote:

--------MOP-------

squeegee on a mop handle

Mop on a squeegee handle.
Lets see, lift the car with one hand and then use the squeegee? I say MOP. When I am confronted with a problem that doesn't have a quick automatic fix I say to myself, "What would they have done years ago?" Again MOP
Dave

EN wrote:

The cheapest and easiest idea I have - where there is no snow :o) - is indoor/outdoor carpet. Lay it down so that it extends far enough to catch the water and you don't trip on the edge coming and going. We bought some for about ? $7 running foot, 12 foot width.
If your garage is enclosed, likely there is a foundation buildup of about 6 inches on the three sides of the floor. (All sides except the garage door side). This protects your house itself from water drainage effects. You should have no worries----
Hope this helps better than some other poster's answers------
Best--- Ron

Around here, garage floor slabs are poured with a slope towards the doors so the water drains naturally. On my garage, there is also a row of cement block above the slab before the studs start.
If your slab does not slope then you need to remove the water/snow regularly with a shovel/squeegee etc. With no slope, a drain wouldn't likely help much either.
John

Hi, Same here. We drive thru slush, snow all the time in winter. No one pours garage pad 100% flat. Tony
John wrote:

from
excessive
that
drain hole

Get a couple LARGE cardboard boxes. Refridgerator boxes, perhaps. Open them up, and lay them flat on the floor, covering under the car and a couple feet outside of where you park. The water drips on the box, which gradually dries out to be ready for the next water.
Bob
Or an old carpet with a thick pile will work as well and not be so inclined to fall apart...
John

I would expect the carpet to mildew. The cardboard does break down over time, but it just gets ratty, and is easily replaced without expense. It is also easily disposed of, which carpet would not necessarily be.
Bob

worried
perhaps.
the
drips
next
EN wrote:

Kitty Litter. The clumping kind works best. Then use a rake.
If you have any drainage at all to the door... Glue / silicon a dam around your car outline from something cheap, old garden hose?, around a perimeter that will hold the car's debris. Taper the ends down 'til they just barely hold the door gasket enough to allow drainage out. Guide this now outside water so it does not freeze across the apron and make you slide.
Tim S

Don't heat your garage.
en snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (EN) wrote in message

Don't make a hole in the floor since water may come up thru it. Get a wet vac and vacuum it up. Grumpy
#1 idea , Jack up the back of the garage. #2 idea Park outside #3 idea Lower the front #4 idea Take a cab #5 idea you worry to much
en snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (EN) wrote in message

Buy a car pad. www.carpad.com