water meter

I'd like to use a "used water meter". These are the type with dial indicator window on top. Does anyone know if I can put a used meter in the line to the house and will it work correctly?

Sure, as long as the meter is working and the proper size for the line.
OK. Saw the reading is up around 900,000 gallons or so (non-resettable).
I just let that by my zero point, and it will still show by flow OK, won't it?

Yes
Thanks. Good info.
rb wrote:

If you get a windmill and create extra power you can sell it back to the power company. What if you collect rain water and have extra to pump back to the water company. Will they pay you for it?

Just curious..why?
They're a lot cheaper on Ebay. $10 or so. Thought it might be good to a shed.....