water damage from refrigerant?

Is home air conditioning refrigerant a liquid or a gas at normal air pressure? I'm sure it's a gas, yet someone online claims, "Furthermore, because the unit was installed incorrectly, refridgerant leaked all over our basement floor, causing water damage."
mm wrote:

Claim is wrong. What leaked was water from the condensate pan.
"mm" wrote in message
Is home air conditioning refrigerant a liquid or a gas at normal air pressure? I'm sure it's a gas, yet someone online claims, "Furthermore, because the unit was installed incorrectly, refridgerant leaked all over our basement floor, causing water damage." ********************************************
There are man idiots in this world. If there was a leak in the liquid line, it would turn to a gas as soon as it is no longer under pressure. There could be a condensate line leaking though.
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:52:34 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Maybe that's what she meant. Wrong word but not lying. It was someone complaining about an AC contractor I might conceivably hire.
Thanks amd thanks all.

..
Additionally maybe the condensate drain got plugged or (if needed) condensate pump failed?
Ask the contractor about the incident..... maybe the homeowner never contacted him? Besides, how he handles the question could be informative.
cheers Bob
"mm" wrote in message
Is home air conditioning refrigerant a liquid or a gas at normal air pressure? I'm sure it's a gas, yet someone online claims, "Furthermore, because the unit was installed incorrectly, refridgerant leaked all over our basement floor, causing water damage."
The refrigerant itself is a gas but if there was a leak it could certainly carry some of the oil that’s in the system out which would result in a stain.
I should know this number, but can't think of it off hand. The boiling temperature of R-22 is about 44 degrees below zero. Somewhat similar to propane. The refrigerant in a home AC system is a gas, when released. Same deal with R410a "Puron", but Puron operates at much higher pressures.
As others have written, water is available in the system as condensate from the evaporator.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 03:09:36 -0400, mm wrote:

Water from defrosted ice around evaporator coil.

Refrigerant will boil away at atmospheric pressure and room temperature MLD