Wasp powder

If Winter temps are a factor, we may get a respite, it being almost the coldest Winter on record, here. Even our sewers froze. :(

nb

Reply to
notbob

I hear you, about the corrugated siding.

Silicone caulk works, for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're right about the small holes. I've seen with my own eyes, wasps crawl up a glass window, and then over the top (crank out, two section trailer windows). They seem to like to nest in my outdoor propane grill, and in the metal tube structure of the grill base.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

At church, the only thing had problems was a 8 or 9 year old boy who got stung. But, we can't be leaving them in the parking lot. The melon diversion sounds like a good picnic idea.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Any crack in floor mouldings and electric outlets or ceiling fixtures can let them in, and so it can happen when you do the Seven, be sure its not honey bees

Reply to
ransley

ransley wrote in news:161d442f-85e8-4a66-adef- snipped-for-privacy@u31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

We had honeybees a couple of summers ago. They had a nest inside our siding that they were getting at through a small hole at an upper corner of a sliding door that lets onto the deck.

They were cute as the dickens while the weather was hot. I'd stand in the doorway, watching them come and go, inches from my face. I didn't bother them, and they didn't bother me.

But then the fall came. All of a sudden they discovered that the house interior was warmer than the great outdoors. Then they discovered that they could fly up through siding, into the attic, and enter my (then) 10-year- old daughter's room through tiny gaps in the ceiling-light-fixture mounting.

At that point I made a call to a pest-control company. I don't know what they did, but the bees went bye-bye. And what a relief that was, too.

Reply to
Tegger