Washing Machine worth fixing?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:25:08 +0000, H wrote:

COUPLING, MOTOR AND ISOLATION 3364003
Just a guess though without being able to eyeball the original.

Goods guess...exactly right.
I got the parts and put them in....Washer works well again. Total was $14.
Thanks to all!
You do NOT need Sears parts. You machine is a Whirlpool badged by Sears.
Here is some good advice: http://fixitnow.com/wp/category/washer-repair /
Look in your yellow pages to see if you have a Johnstone Supply in your area. They carry extensive appliance repair parts. You may have other appliance repair part stores.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:17:37 -0700, bigjim wrote:

399 is a "bit" more than 100?
Poster pays $100 now to fix machine. Maybe he will get another 13 years then that $100 was a good deal. If one or two years down the line he has to pay for something else then it was a waste. So that $200 extra he pays to get a new machine might get him another 13 years.

replacing a drive coupling. Made the job go much quicker.
http://www.sannerud.com/house/kenwash.html
I'd go for repairs. Sounds like a bad lid switch.
Please don't call Sears repair, they are very espensive, in my experience. Go to the yellow pages, and call a local appliance repair shop.
--
.
Christopher A. Young