Washing Machine Problem

I have a 3 year old Admiral clothes washer. Yes, I know they have a rep for being junk. Starting last week it does the following: It washes normally. It rinses normally. It gets to the spin cycle and spins very slowly. It goes through the cycle and ends normally. When it is done, there is still water in the machine and the softener in the dispenser. I manually turn it back to "spin" and it spins fast as it should, and it shuts down and everything is fine. Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks.

Reply to
jtees4

Can't say for certain, but I think I would check for a loose belt or some restriction related to the pump. It might be slow in removing the water from the machine and cannot spin properly. After the cycle has elapsed, there might be enough water extracted that it can now spin. Just a thought.

Reply to
Ken