Washing machine not washing

I have a Whirlpool AWM 219 and have a problem with the washing controller. When I start the wash it fills up with water but then nothing happens - it does not start the washing cycle.
I have to switch through to Drain and then the door opens. Any ideas on this if it is the controller or anything else or is it bye-bye washing machine?
cw
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (Carl) wrote in message

Hi,
UK style WLP, I am unfamilier with this style of a washer, but one of the UK links may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html http://washerhelp.com/phpBB2/index.php
first need to determine if electronics are sending signals. does the timer continue on even tho nothing happens? if not, start there. check voltage at agitator motor. if none, find why = prob electr switches. if voltage but no agitate (or spin) it is prob mechanical. paininthe... job but ima a diy guy so i'd go for it.... good luck