Washing Machine Not Draining

I have a Maytag Neptune washing machine that may be about 10 years old. The machine doesn't fully drain after washing, leaving a small pool of water in the drum and the close are soaked. I need to get a repair manual and take the drum out to see if something blocking the drainage. Actually, I'm not sure if its not draining or if the spin cycle is not working correctly. What do you thing the possible cause might be?

Reply to
Joe Boxer

You need to watch it to determine if it is spinning correctly or not vs. a blocked drain. Two different problems, two different fixes...

Reply to
Reggie Dunlop

Joe Boxer wrote in news:Q0PIk.3503$c45.1718 @nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

Heck, I saw a small sock get in the drain system once.

Reply to
Red Green

If it drains down to that level every time it must not be a plugged drain. Sounds like the pump is timing out. Or is it just draining slowly. Do you watch it?

Reply to
Claude Hopper