Washing machine motor

I was wondering if I were to upgrade my washing machine direct drive motor to a newer motor model, whether this will improve the energy efficiency of my machine? My current one is an energy hog relative to the newer models. I have an Inglis(Whirlpool) washer model # IE48000 with a Whirlpool motor part # 661600, the new motor for my unit is #389248. Does anyone have the spec's for the motors to see if the newer one uses a lot less energy. I the could figure out my payback. To buy a new washer is out of the question my is only 6 years old.
rc
Get one of those new front loader washers, the energy and water savings will pay for themselves quicker than replacing the motor on your older unit, plus you wife will love you for it and, your clothes will last longer
Dave

The newer models are more energy efficient due to design improvements in tub, agitator, cycling, etc. The motor run time only a portion of the equation. Even if the motor was slightly more efficient, unless you make the other changes along with it, overall savings will be very tiny, if any.
r snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (RC) wrote in message
Hi,

Nope.
It doesn't.