washing machine

I am trying to replace the belt on a Fridgidaire FWX833AS1 washing machine but I cant figure out how to get the thing apart to get to it. Advice or a maintenance manual would be appreciated.

TIA Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Take a look at repairclinic.com, or--- here's a clever one--- Google washing machine repair...

Reply to
Marshall Tucker

Not sure what a Frigidaire really is but if it is the old Whirlpool design with the "wig wag" ( 2 solenoids that rock back and forth on an arm and a captive belt) look for one of the studs that hold the motor assy to the transmission to be a spacer you can remove (leave the rest of the bolts alone). Then you can sneak the new belt back in.

Reply to
gfretwell

You'd also be more likely to get useful hits when Googling if you spell "Frigidaire" correctly. (Hint: you can copy that directly from the machine.)

Reply to
Doug Miller