Washer standpipe

Hello,
I am wondering about modifying my washer's standpipe to accomodate more space under the counter. If I maintain the right hieght, and a downward slope, can it have two angles in it as opposed to one L type shape? The total travel distance to the sinks P trap is only a few feet.
Current shape: | |____ P trape
Proposed shape:
| |__ | P trap
Thanks for any comments!
Louis
Louis McEniry wrote:

Yes, that will work. I would use "Long-turn" Els; they have a larger sweep radius.
All so-called 90 deg fittings for drainage have the required slope built into the fitting pattern.
Jim
Thanks Jim!
I will do that.
Louis