Washer question

We just moved the washing machine and dryer. We disturbed the pipes somewhat in the process. I had to go back and clean the filters in two of my faucets, which had orange particles akin to copper flakes. I am sure that is what it was. Now, the washing machine water runs slowly but ONLY on the rinse cycle. I don't want to get back there already and drain the hoses, and standing on one's head to do so isn't my way on how to use an hour. Plus, wife has put up shelves above the washer, and so I will have to remove them and all the stuff. Those wire brackets and shelves, but still a pain.
What do you think is causing the water to run slowly but only on the rinse fill cycle? Solutions?
--
Steve

(Disclaimer ON)

old copper pipes. Inlet screen on the cold water side of the washer's valve is probably plugged. You probably are using only cold water for the rinse and hot or a mix of hot/cold for the wash cycle so have more water flow. Try setting the wash water temp to cold wash and see if you also get slower flow in wash.

Yup. Clogged screen. I was perplexed when I saw that the rinse water flowed slowly, and it didn't register that this would be cold water. The clogging looked like orange sand crystals. A bit unusual, and they were hard like sand. Same thing I got out of the faucet screens. Anyway, the washer is working okay now. Sometimes you just gotta look for the obvious and start at the beginning.
--
Steve

Hi,
The fill valve screens or there -also- may be screens built into the fill hose washers....they may be plugged and need to be cleaned. If the screen are clear the fill valve itself may be bad and need replacing.
http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#slow
Often we remove the fill hose from the fill valve and turn on the water into a bucket or laundry sink to confirm good flow.
SteveB wrote:

water run in the bucket until all the trash comes out the pipe... then take the two hoses, both hot and cold and bring them outside and from the end you take off the back of the washer put it on a faucet outside and run some water through it and watch some more trash come out... then go back to the washer and look at the trash that is probably still on the screen behind the machine... brush it off.. now put the two hoses back on the machine, then on the correct hot/cold water faucets and push the machine back in place...... now the water will fill the washer like it is suppose to fill.