washer/dryer location advice

My washer and dryer are currently located on opposite walls of our utility room. The machines face each other with about 2' between, so it's a bit tight. The dryer is located on the exterior wall, vents directly outside, and is plugged into 220 (which is located in the floor... this doesn't seem safe to me). The washer is located on an interior wall with a standard hookup and drain.
I would like to stack the units to make the best use of space. However, I'm having trouble deciding which would be easiest to do: move the washer and hook it up to an adjacent sink, or move the dryer and have an electrician install 220 as well as a rigid dryer conduit that runs across the ceiling to the exterior vent, perhaps with a blower added in the middle to help keep the air moving.
Moving either is not really necessary, but it sure would help save space. If anyone has advice on this, I would appreciate it. I would like to be able to do this myself, but I'm neither a plumber nor electrician, so I wouldn't be opposed to calling either one. I'm just not sure which one to call :)
Thanks, joseph
[...]
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Joseph O'Brien) wrote in message

I would leave the dryer where it can vent directly to the outside; relocate the power outlet well up the wall, and move the washer. Moving electrical outlets and plumbing can be messy and expensive. The various pipes and lines can be run on the wall surface, but will collect dust. TB
Moving the dryer would likely be easier *as long as dryer's vent can still be installed appropriately* (see the following link). Moving 1 electrical circuit is likely going to be much easier (and also will alleviate the outlet in the floor you have now) than moving both the water supply and drain elsewhere.
BTW. I recommend you hire an electrician to move the line so you don't end up with an outlet in the floor again. :)
How long can my dryer vent be? http://ng.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?IDw8
BTW. Are the washer and dryer you have now "stackable" models? If not, you'd have to add the cost of new ones to the total bill... whichever way you went.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=clothes+dryers
=~~~~~~