Washer Direct Drive Kenmore or Inglis

I have a direct drive Inglis about 10 years old, 2 speed model. Would someone tell me if the 2 speeds are attained by gear shifts in the transmission or does the motor actually go 2 speeds. Any idea which color wires on either the motor terminal or wiring harness carry the 2 speeds? I'd like to test the speeds as I suspect that maybe one of the speeds on the motor doesn't work. The thing does spin. On the main wash cycle you have the letter H which covers the first 10 minutes of the wash and the the letter L appears for the remainder of the wash cycle which is about another 6 min. My washer only agitates when the timer reaches the area below the L. If someone could shed some light I'd really appreciate this, Bugs

Reply to
BUGSEY

Machine Diagram:

BUGSEY

Just had to fix our 20+ year Kenmore Washer. See separate post. The wire colours to the two speed motor (115 volt AC) of ours are; Neutral = white Hi (fast?) BU = Blue. Lo (slow) OR = Orange.

Reply to
Terry

The above referenced diagram is incredibly similar to the circuit diagram for our 20+ year old Canadian Kenmore. The contacts of the timer, shown are numbered up to 13. The main difference is that we have a 'spin' solenoid which is powered by a red wire which via the lid switch is operated by a GY (That's probably grey; not green-yellow!) from contact #14 of the timer switch. Spin, along with hot and cold filling can only take place when the water level switch is 'empty'. Our diagram is from back of the washer; if anyone wants copy of Kenmore diagram, email. I'll try and scan it and have on file. Terry M

Reply to
Terry

Hope this helps, Here are photos of the motor, timer, and panel.

Kenmore and Inglis are made by the same company. Another thing that I don't understand is that when I bypass the water level switch with a jumper wire she washes for the last 6 minutes of the main cycle but if I manually try to activate the agitator by turning the adjusting screw on the water level switch I can't get her to agitate, is this normal? Bugs

Reply to
BUGSEY