Washable "glaze" over eggshell paint with stenciling?

Hi folks-
My wife are expecting a baby in August. As part of the preparations, I've painted the "baby's room" a nice shade of yellow, in an eggshell finish. My wife is using acrylic stencil paint to put some tropical fish stencils on the wall. Very cheery and colorful!
But, as babies are known to be messy, and we'd like to protect the stencils. Plus, eggshell paint is pretty flat, and thus likely hard to clean. I'm sort of regretting my decision to use eggshell, now that I think about it.
Is it possible to coat the walls with something that would seal the paint, including the stencils, under a layer that is a bit more scrubbable?
Any suggestions for products or processes that would make sense here are appreciated.
Sincerely,
Marc
MAG wrote:

Varnish.
-- dadiOH _____________________________
<< Is it possible to coat the walls with something that would seal the paint, including the stencils, under a layer that is a bit more scrubbable? >>
Try a discrete area with a water-based polyurethane varnish. The non yellowing properties are desireable, and semigloss is likely available (I haven' checked for sure). HTH
Joe
@aol.comtosspam says...

Thanks. This makes sense. I like the idea of a water-based product to reduce the fumes in the house following application.
Marc
Put stencils higher up on wall? ares
says...

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...

Hi Ares-
Nope, not an option. The stencils are already done halfway around the room. They are pretty much at "chair rail height." Nice idea, though.
Marc
Marc wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the stencils. We did the same thing when our first son was born almost 20 years ago. Babies are not hard on walls at all and when they get old enough to be hard on walls, they often want a completely different look for their rooms.