Warning! Stove Replacement Power

I recently had to replace my electric stove as it was the original with the house. I turned on the electric burner, found the circuit breaker (220 not marked) and turned it off. I then proceeded to pull out the oven and disconnect the power from the terminal behind the oven. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted another terminal box a little higher up. WHOW! the stove had two 220 volt circuits with separate circuit breakers. One for the drop in top unit and one for the oven. I just about electrocuted myself. The replacement stove only used one terminal and circuit breaker for both the drop in unit and oven. Careful!

Bob

Reply to
Photon713

Yeah,

Sometimes those contactless meters are not just handy

Reply to
Brian

For what?

Reply to