Warning! Stove Replacement Power

I recently had to replace my electric stove as it was the original with the house. I turned on the electric burner, found the circuit breaker (220 not marked) and turned it off. I then proceeded to pull out the oven and disconnect the power from the terminal behind the oven. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted another terminal box a little higher up. WHOW! the stove had two 220 volt circuits with separate circuit breakers. One for the drop in top unit and one for the oven. I just about electrocuted myself. The replacement stove only used one terminal and circuit breaker for both the drop in unit and oven. Careful!
Bob
--
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1

For what?