Walmart's "Running of the Low Lifes"

Yes, it's the annual Black Friday stampede of low lifes at a store near you.

Bob

"And, Pamplona is like what in the US .........."

The Friday after Thanksgiving at a Wal Mart.. Aka The Annual

Running of the Rednecks.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Lots of people are up in arms about the stores opening on Thanksgiving night. It is, after all, a family holiday we can all enjoy.

Passing the WM parking lot in our town, the lot is full and the overflow is quite far down the road. Evidently, lots of people want to shop.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And that would be different from all the other stores with mob scenes just how?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I didn't really pay much attention in the past, but IIRC most Walmarts are open 24/7 and stayed that way even on TGivings before it was cool to get upset with them. They might have a (small) point with places that were closed on TGiving and now open up.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

K Mart started openining a couple of decades ago too. Everyone like to bully the big guy so they choose Wal Mart. Every other big retailer pays the same wages, has the same hours, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:06:38 -0500, Bob wrote in

Cool! Sixty years ago when I was a kid I lived in Queens, just across the county line from Valley Stream. For a "country" outing we would take the bus out to Valley Stream and have a picnic. Unfortunately, the buses must have also brought roaches and dark-ones when settled there making it the paradise that it is today.

Reply to
VinnyB

LOL! Walmarts attract low-life trash like trailer parks attract tornadoes.

Bob

I don't think it's reasonable to call bargain hunters "low lifes".

Here in Canada, out big discount day is Boxing Day, and in recent years, it's become "Boxing Week".

Just like in the USA, stores will publish flyers of everything that's going to be on sale on Boxing day, and just like in the USA, people will start lining up at 5:00 o'clock in the morning or earlier to be first in line when the store opens to make sure they get what they're wanting to buy.

Money isn't of equal value to everyone. The more money you have, the less valuable and important it is to you. The people lining up to get those Black Friday or Boxing Day sale items are from the lower economic strata of society, that that doesn't make them "low lifes".

Reply to
nestork

Their behavior makes them "low lifes".

Brawls are bigger in Texas:

Bob

So you judge all Walmart/shoppers based on the actions of a few? That's like saying all blacks are low lifes because of the actions of a few in Ferguson. whats it feel like to be perfect?

Reply to
ChairMan

I'm with you, Ed . You couldn't get me out to go shopping yesterday or today. There are some advantages to being self employed, i can go anytime. Mornings during the week are the best time

Reply to
ChairMan

Me too. I generally do all my grocery shopping during the week to avoid the crowds in the supermarkets on the weekends.

There are businesses that monitor the price of goods and sell that information to retailers, who use their competitor's prices to set their own "sale" prices.

This is why you often find stuff like tomato soup on sale at 42 cents a can...

..as long as you limit your purchase to two cans. Any more than two cans, and you pay the regular price of 60 cents a can (or whatever) for each additional can. That's done just so the store can advertise tomato soup for 42 cents a can in their flyer to draw customers in the hopes that those customers will buy other stuff while they're in the store other than two cans of tomator soup. It's called a "loss leader" where the store actually sells some stuff at a loss to get customers into the store hoping those customers will buy other stuff, thereby allowing the store to make a net profit.

Those businesses that monitor the price of goods at different stores will tell you that retailers will raise the price of their stuff prior to Black Friday or Boxing Day. The whole idea is so that they can advertise a larger price reduction in their Black Friday or Boxing Day sales flyers. So, if a computer costs $500, they'll raise the price to $750 so that they can advertise that it's 40% off when they sell it at $450 on Black Friday. While you're still getting a good price on it, it's not nearly as great a deal as the advertising would lead you to believe.

I believe that Boxing Day sales represent a better opportunity for the consumer to save. That's because retail stores know that if they don't sell something by Christmas, it's going to hang around in their inventory for a long time, and they might even have to sell stuff at cost just to get rid of the excess inventory. That's especially true with electronics where the technology changes enough in one year's time that last year's inventory is obsolete by next Christmas.

With Black Friday, stores know if they don't sell something on Black Friday, there's still a very good probability of selling it in the 3 or

4 weeks remaining before Christmas. So, it only makes sense for stores to offer their biggest savings on inventory they want to get rid of, and that means a Boxing Day sale.
Reply to
nestork

I wouldn't know, but I'm sure you have lots of experience at it, f****it.

Reply to
ChairMan

I never said that. Apparently you have a reading comprehension disorder.

I never said that either. Clearly you have a reading comprehension disorder.

what's it like to be a fukwit?

Reply to
Bob

Yes you did You said "Yes, it's the annual Black Friday stampede of low lifes at a store near you". And your subject line is "Walmarts "Running of the Low lifes" I would say that a pretty inclusive statement of walmart shoppers

I never said you did, apparently it's you with the reading comprehension

I don't know, but I'm sure you can explain in great detail what it's like with your experience of the *behavior* in the matter

Reply to
ChairMan