wallpapper boarder isn't stuck!

I just put up a wallpaper boarder and the edges didn't quite stick. Is there anything I can use to stick them down for good without ruining the wall?
Kristy

there
Use longer nails?
I don't know if this will work anymore but mom used to use a concoction of condesed can milk and water to reactivate the glue and stick it down... used to work wonders but I don't know if it will anymre..... gl

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:22:10 GMT, "Caroline or Greg :P"

Yea and at one time they used flour & water. If they needed it stronger they'd add molasses.
The bugs loved it.

there
Had same problem...bought a paste designed for "paper to paper" at Menard's. Still sticking a year later.
Kristy Smith writes:

Plain old polyvinyl acetate glue, aka Elmer's, etc. Wipe on a thin amount with a Q-tip, wait a few moments for it to get tacky, stick down paper.

But will it work on boards?
PhotoMan writes:

Yes.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:38:08 -0600, Richard J Kinch

Love to be there when you try to remove it.
Truitt Bottsford III writes:

It removes easily.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:40:46 -0600, Richard J Kinch

I've made my living installing & removing wallcoverings for the past 25 years. I've seen what happens when it's been repaired with elmers glue. It does NOT remove easily.
Truitt Bottsford III writes:

I suppose that is true if the repair was incompetently applied.
As I said, you have to apply a thin layer and let it dry to a tack first. Not gobbed on like paint. Then it holds securely but can be lifted later. If you nevertheless have a "gobbed" area, you can always lift it easily with paint remover. (PVA is the base for a lot of indoor paints.)
The expensive "seam repair" products are typically just the same PVA cement.
The usual starch or modified starch pastes are just not capable of holding down curls when moisture is present. You need something moisture- resistant, and this necessitates something more complicated (but not necessarily more difficult) to remove.
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:14:55 -0600, Richard J Kinch

Oh.
Ok.
Guess we've been doing it wrong all these years. Maybe you could come to work for me & show me how it's done. My business typically grosses only $90K/year. With your knowlege & expertise, I could have you bid my jobs for me. Then you could explain to my clients how it's 'really' supposed to be done.
Kinch know it all . Even pros can't compete. Nobody but him knows anything about anything.
mark Ransley writes:

Being good at hanging paper makes you a polymer chemist?

But mark, I thought you and -I- had something special?
-- Learn more about 'peeper' Joe Smith www.lsd.org www.mormons.want.all.of.ur.money.org