Wall-mounted makeup mirror

Thought you all might enjoy a story with a happy ending. I am so nearsighted that I would repeatedly poke myself in the eye when putting on mascara and have scratched my cornea several times. Then, while on a business trip, I happened to stay in a superb hotel that provided a beautifully designed Brot wall-mounted, swivel, magnifying, light up makeup mirror in each bathroom. I immediately bought one at a fancy bath shop that has since gone out of business, had it installed in our master bathroom, and have not poked myself in the eye since. It lasted 18 years and would have lasted much longer had I not forgotten to turn it off for a few days and cracked the ceramic bulb socket due to overheating (the newer ones have a different style socket). When I went to replace the mirror, however, I found that it apparently is the Rolls Royce of makeup mirrors. The New York City distributor wanted over a thousand dollars for that particular model (yikes!). Nor could I find anything at Home Depot, Expo Design Center, Linens 'n Things, Bed Bath & Beyond or any of the local bed and bath shops of the same quality with every single one of these features in one package. I admit I've become somewhat spoiled by the luxury of all those features (particularly the light and the wall-hugging swivel mount) and really did not want to compromise in this case. So, I went online, found Brot's website, and ordered the exact same mirror directly from their Paris headquarters. It arrived two weeks later and, even with taxes and overseas shipping, cost less than one fifth the price that the New York dealer quoted AND a bit less than the price 18 years ago! So, life's little luxuries can still be had - you just have to be creative. :-)

Reply to
Cindy

You need poked in the other eye

Reply to
Zimmerman

Good stuff, Cindy! Pleased that you persevered and found what you wanted at a reasonable price. The New York City distributor should go to jail. It might be good if you wrote to Brots in Paris and tell them what their distributor in NY is charging for the mirror. They may want to talk with him. Thanks for posting your story. Des

news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Des Perado