Wall Mount AC removal

I am trying to permantley remove a wall mounted air conditioner. It appears that I need to remove the AC from the metal case in which it sits, and then remove the metal case. Is this correct?

Sounds simple, but I am having trouble figuring out how the AC unit is secured to the metal casing.

Any help appreciated

Mike

Reply to
Mercian1973

Larger units have slide out chassis. You remove the front grill and just pull on the chassis. It may have some rust holding it given the age. Once that is out, the cover can be unscrewed from the framing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Call customer service at the company and ask them. Hunt through your records and warranty papers as there may be an installtion guide with them. Failing that, there are always a couple of retaning screws that keep things together. Keep looking and good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Some of them, you can snap off the plastic face plate, and the equipment tray slides out. Others are screwed together.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon