Waiting out the mice

This year, when the cold came, we suddenly had mice in the kitchen addition we put on in 2000. The construction did uncover and close several mouse entry points, so I was hoping that we'd be done with that problem.
Well, I looked around outside and found what I thought was the NEW entry point -- a gap under some trim. I filled it up with the foam insulation that turns hard. In all, we trapped/killed one mouse before I filled the gap and two after. Now, it's been a couple of weeks, the traps are empty every morning and I haven't seen any more of their little poops in the kitchen drawers.
How do I know when they're REALLY gone?
Mark
Put out traps the regular old fashond type, with peanut butter as a bait , no mice , no mice in house
MDixon1918 wrote:

Think cat.
says...

Naw, my cat brings mice INTO the house. We have a cat door and spring and summer, he finds a little friend to bring home to play with.
Traps and fill in those gaps in the foundation.
--
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
MDixon1918 wrote:

Set out on the floor a grahm cracker with peanut butter, if it hasn't been touched by morning you have no mice. Mice can't resist peanut butter... better than sex, and you know how much they like that... :^)
Michael
Sleep on the kitchen floor with cheese in your nose, if its gone in the morning you know they are there..
MDixon1918 wrote:

Clean the kitchen drawers and surrounding areas. There must be food available. If you have food packages in lower cabinets that have been chewed open, move to upper cabinets. We used to get a mouse about every year when the weather turned cold and they would chew into flour packages or cereal. Also love dog food. If there are boxes stored in the garage with clothing, they may chew into those to make a nest. Cozy :o) Schnauzers are good mousers - ours caught his first mouse at age 6 mos, and was sitting proudly by the dead mouse when we came home. Better than cats - schnauzers don't play with them :o)
If there are rodents, they're being fed. Simple as that.

addition we

entry
point
turns