Wagner Power Sprayers - can it handle a small ceiling?

Can the Wagner Power Sprayers handle painting a ceiling? I have an exposed outdoor patio overhang that needs painting and while I'm at it doing the shingles I was hoping that a power sprayer could be used on the ceiling (nothing more than painted external plywood).

Thanks. Walter

Reply to
Walter Cohen

Why not roll it, wagners are messy with overspray

Reply to
ransley

As someone else said, use a roller. Sprayers are wonderful for odd-textured surfaces like shutters, wrought iron, etc. but the overspray they generate negates any time savings because what time you save in painting is spent in masking the area. If it's a small ceiling, get a roller.

Plus there's the other issue of aim & suction. If the thing is pointed straight up, the suction tube inside the bottle is sucking air, unless you buy the paint can attachment (long hoses that connect directly to the paint can, which you carry with you)

Reply to
Bob M.

Wagner spray guns are the worst piece of crap ever foisted off on the unsuspecting public. Save your money.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you mean a cup gun, or buzz gun, forget it, get a 1 1/4 " roller and a 5 gallon bucket and screen, it will go 10 times faster

Reply to
ransley

Yes, you could paint the ceiling with it. I'm assuming you mean the ones with an integral paint container...if that is the case you'll have to get a Wagner accessory that is bendable so the cup can remain level. It screws in where the nozzle normally is and the nozzle screws into it.

As others have said, a roller is going to be faster. No or easy cleanup too.

The Wagner sprayer I have now was the cheapest I could get when I bought it 20+ years ago. It has always performed decently. I bought it to paint louvered doors and *believe* me, it is far better at doing that than is a brush. I use it for other things too if there is enough to do to make the PITA cleanup worthwhile.

Reply to
dadiOH

Reply to
Walter Cohen

I have a vague recollection that they sell a nozzle that will point up when the sprayer is in the normal position. But it might have been a dream. You should have watched the dream I had last night.

But rolling sounds good too. I used the roller with the paint in the handle, and I liked it. Read the directions.

Reply to
mm

You are wrong. Their power rollers were evern worse than their sprayers.

Reply to
Art