Vinyl Tile Squares - Removal

Our bathroom had square vinyl tiles. I have been removing them with a scraper and heat gun. What will remove the glue residue?
Thanks in advance, Tim

You mean besides a scraper and heat gun?
Paint thinner, maybe, but make sure the area is well-ventilated, no sources of ignition present, etc etc.
I'd still go with the scraper and heat gun.
SCOTT wrote:

Why do you need to remove it?

my thoughts exactly..
randy

To install new??????????? Are you saying I don't need to remove the sticky leftover residue before installing new vinyl?
Thanks, Tim
SCOTT wrote:

I'm saying I wouldn't. I can't speak for you. I would use an embossing leveler. Google it.
To remove old vinyl tiles you need the patience of a saint and Herculean strength. It is, I believe, one of the worst jobs on the planet! A good floor scraper is a must, but even these do take a lot of muscle. A hot air gun, applied gently to the adhesive, will loosen it and allow it to be scraped up as well.
I have a VERY good friend whose dad is in the floor business. He let me borrow a tool. It had a razor sharp blade, about 10 inches wide and a 4 -5 foot handle. It was HARD work, but it stripped off the stuff. I wouldn't want to do a huge floor, but it worked for me. Certainly took off the big chunks.
I've heard of the self leveling goop, but I didn't want the mess. I'd rather put in the elbow grease. Heat gun and scraper also work, but very slow.
The new floor looks great!! I put sheet vinyl over it.
You might visit a rental store and see if they rent the scraper tool. It was not a power tool, so I doubt it would be too expensive to rent. 375s on this page: http://www.tiletool.net/Floor_Scrapers.asp
Not that expensive...maybe buy one and let your neighbor borrow it? But don't offer to help!!!!!!!!
Just a suggestion....

Does your wife bitch all the time? If she does, use her tongue !!!!
HD carries a product that can be used to remove it. It's think, and nasty, but it works fairly well. Also, you can rent a machine that does the same thing. Go to HD and they should be able to help.