Ventless Washer Dryers

Page 1 of 2
has anyone purchased a Ventless Combo Washer Dryer?
at least LG (Tromm) and Asko makes them, they are claimed to save electric use also due to the fact they are ventless (thus no removal of indoor air where the HVAC system has to work harder)
how well do they compare with traditional side-by-side separate washer/dryer units?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tanya Sφrensen wrote:

Daughter has used Miel unit for several years and thinks it's very good. TB
Add pictures here
βœ–

but I don't know how much extra water it uses. Pete.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I am looking for reviews, if this is the kind you just put the clothes in ONCE and they wash and dry automatically?
I was told their cycle time is near 2 hours but dont know if thats true...
I think machines requiring switching stuff will be obsoilete in the future
Add pictures here
βœ–

I haven't but would be very interested in how well they work
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

The drying takes forever in mine but it's ancient ( purchased 1988 ).
Graham
Add pictures here
βœ–

We have the LG Tromm and love it.
Yes, full wash-and-dry cycle can be 2+ hours, but the convenience is worth it. Throw in a full load of dirty clothes, turn it on, go to work, and come home to clean, dry clothes, no loading wet clothes into the dryer.
Energy efficiency is excellent, does a good job on permanent-press, runs quiet enough that I'll also put in a load of laundry before bed at night and have it ready in the morning.
Part of the energy efficiency is the high-speed spin, don't remember how many thousands of RPM at the top speed, so clothes start the dry cycle a lot dryer than in a conventional machine.
My other favorite feature is the 'sanitary' cycle, rather than just using hot tap water, it starts with hot tap water and heats it further, not quite boiling but something around 190F. Does a great job on towels and bedding, and it's hot enough it took red candle wax out of a cotton/poly shirt that I thought one of my sons had ruined.
One other handy feature, it runs off a standard 120v/15A outlet, no need for a highger-capacity dryer circuit.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
βœ–

How come American makers haven't made something like this yet?
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

They have.
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]

who?
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:
> > > How come American makers haven't made > > > something like this yet?

Thor for one among many others. See: http://www.thorappliances.com
Why instantly assume that the Americans wouldn't know how to make Ventless Dryers?
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]
βœ–
http://www.thorappliances.com

What I haven't seen yet is dryers that use less energy than what is required to evaporate the water in the clothes... Some ventless dryers use more than the vented versions.
Nick
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:16:48 -0500, "Duane C. Johnson"

Are you sure that Thor combo washer-dryer is made in the USA? It looks very similar in styling and capacity to the Italian made Splendide units.
Thor may have made products once in the USA but I don't think they do so now.
Doug
Add pictures here
βœ–
Years ago I was asked marketing questions about washers and dryers, and mareked the #1 need a single unit that both washes and drys.
Perhaps they havent bcaught on here because manufactuers think it will cut into market selling 1/2 as many units?
Add pictures here
βœ–

More likely Americans aren't willing to pay for the complexity and spend twice as long doing laundry. It is different for RV's or small apartments, but most houses have space for separate units.
Add pictures here
βœ–
@centurytel.net says...

One of the things I love about the combined unit is how much *less* time I spend doing laundry. Throw in a load at night, it's dry in the morning. Throw in a load before work, it's dry when I get home. Throw in a load before dinner, it's dry before bedtime. Notice *zero* time spend taking wet clothes out of the washer and putting them into the dryer. And zero chance of forgetting to take wet clothes out of the washer to dry them until they've been sitting there wet all day.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
βœ–

Many people want to be able to do two loads at once so they can finish all the laundry in an evening. I'd rather forget about the dryer altogether, the sun and wind do a fine job, why should I burn coal instead?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Bendix was making all in one washers with gas dryers 40 years ago, and GE made washer/electric dryer combos back then too. As far as ventless, for an electric dryer all you need is a lint trap. The moisture added inside will be there no mater who makes it. Years ago they sold a sock like bag to trap lint, now everything is plastic.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No, the moisture won't be there, no matter who makes it.
Many combo units, such as the Splendide, vent the dryer cycle air exhaust thru a condensation system that takes most of the water out of the air and flushes it down the drain.
Doug
Add pictures here
βœ–

I guess cause I've never seen an American one setting at Lowe's or HD
Add pictures here
βœ–