Vent pipe in the way.

In my basement furnace room I have a 2" black ABS vent that T's off into 2 pipes going down into the slab. Kinda looks like an 'h' where the horizontal jog is about 5' above the slab. What is the purpose of this double pipe into one? I have seen this is other homes also. I put a freezer in there and now have trouble getting to the water softener back behind the furnace. I assume I can't just cut off and cap one of the pipes but I could reconfigure the pipe so that I can step over it by putting in a couple of 45's or three 90's and jog over and up. Is there a problem with reconfiguring the vent pipes? Thanks Kevin
Kevin Ricks wrote:

It's apparently venting 2 drains which happen to be under the slab.
Yes, you can reconfigure it. Any horizontal sections must slope "upward" toward the roof terminal. That allows condensate to drain back down.
Jim

There are 2 nearby drain pipes into the slab coming from 2 different bathrooms upstairs plus an open floor drain in the room. Thanks Kevin