Using Powered Floor Scrapers

I recently removed a ceramic tile floor from a cement slab downstairs, which was not too difficult with a chisel and a hammer. I am left with some of the residual thinset that has stuck to the cement. That's not easy (or too speedy) to remove with a chisel and hammer, though it would come with enough time.
Home Depot has a Floor Scraper (a rental), which I know are usually used to scrape the floor coverings up. It's about the size of my Black and Decker Electric Edge Trimmer, which I think is convenient for me. Would the floor scraper work if I tried to use it just to scrape the thinset off after the tiles have been removed? Nobody there could give me an answer and I don't want to rent it and find that it doesn't work for that, if it can be avoided. Does anyone have a better solution that would be relatively quick?
Thanks,
Danny
Don't know if it will work or not. I watched the crew remove my vinyl tiles with one and was impressed by how often they had to stop and sharpen the blade. I suspect thinset would dull it rapidly.
Harry K