Upgrading Services in 1908 original Craftsman home.

Page 2 of 2
On 9 Feb 2006 17:47:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Absolutely gorgeous house, and you sound like the right person to buy it and update it, provided you can swing the cost. Do it. I think you ought to be able to update the electric and the plumbing for a lot less than $100k, but I don't live in Oregon, I live in western New York, where I know I could get this work done for less.
Go for it. These old houses are true treasures, and I have lived in three so far in my mid-sized city (one built in 1910 that still had the original gravity-fed furnace, but converted to natural gas, one built in 1920, and the one I'm in now, built in 1930 with lots of wonderful features not seen in current houses).
KLS wrote:

Ever thought about energy conservation? The house probably needs lot more than wiring and plumbing update.