unstabbing a electrical plug

I am replacing some switches that the wires were trimmed and pushed into the switch instead of bending the wire around the screw. My problem is pushing a small screw driver into the release hole does not release the wire. Is this a common problem or am I just not doing something correctly? What's the secrete?

begin 666 p.gif
M1TE&.#EA/ $E`/<``#8V-B5\'M%Y>7O___P``````````````````````````
No secret, if it doesn't release, just cut the wire and re strip it

i had that problem too

I have the same problem from time to time. A small screw driver doesn't seem to work for me either. I use a piece of #14 solid copper wire to free up the connection as I usually have some readily available. A small nail is good too. Also, don't try pulling too hard to get the wire out. Push it in a bit and let it come out.

Twist the switch back and forth and pull gently on the wire. It will work it's way out without damage
--
hwm54112
Evon Barvinchack wrote:

Pulling on the wire (moderately) while rotating the device back and forth will usually 'walk' the wire out.
bud--
Evon Barvinchack wrote:

drive in to release the catch but often it doesn't really release until you push the wire in, then it releases completely.