Underfloor hydronic heat question.

Hi,

I have a basement and I would like to have underfloor hydronic heat on the first floor. Is there a version that puts pipes between the joists under the first floor's subflooring,i.e. in the basement ceiling?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Reply to
pashag

Yes, then you put insulation over the tubing. I don't know specific brands but I've seen it done.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It is common to do it that way, but how do you heat now, with a boiler or furnace, with a furnace shutting off vents can overheat the furnace and reduce its life, you would have to adjust the gas flow to lower its temp.

Reply to
ransley