Hydronic floor question

I am considering hydronic floor heat for a small cabin:

Dimensions are as follows:

20x24 main floor 20x16 loft Full basement, wood foundation

2x6 walls with fiberglass insulation, no Tyvek, no inner moisture barrier

Roof is 2x6 or 2x8 with fiberglass insulation

  1. What size PEX works best?
  2. Do I need separate zones for loft, main floor?
  3. Does loft even need tubing? Will heating main floor suffice to heat entire building?

Located central Wisconsin. USDA growing zone 4.

All loft and floor joists are exposed, so installing tubing between joists would work.

Am also considering geothermal as the heat source. Domestic well water

--> heat exchanger --> discharge into pond. Is there a good reliable source for equipment at discounted pricing?

Thanks.

Reply to
Franz Fripplfrappl

Studied real hard, did ya? Please feel free to fill my PayPal account and I'll be happy to discuss, design, layout, manage and/or even install your system for the appropriate price. Otherwise I'll just ask............. "Would you like fries with that order?" Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Was this course of action _also_ solicited via Usenet, as you are now attempting to solicit the design of the mechanical with this post? You do get what you pay for.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Instead of trolling here, maybe you should be watching HGTV, as far as "discounted pricing", check with your local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, tech. It will cost you a lot less in the long run to get it designed and installed correctly from the start. OTOH, if you are looking for the cheapest you can get, then all bets are off.

Reply to
Noon-Air