TV repairable?

Page 5 of 7
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 05:06:55 -0800 (PST), ransley

that's where he has the old TV. A 32 is too big.

my wife wanted a entertainment center i refused, 5 months later the tv died and we upsized, which would of been impossible with a entertainment center
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And, I'll bet, you've been going through a living hell ever since.
Remember, if you're unhappy and your wife is happy, you are still happier than you be if you were happy and your wife unhappy.

Getting divorced. My MAJOR OFFENSE:( I paid off our mortage after inherting my moms house, I fixed it up sold it and paid off our mortage.
My wife was permanetely pissed, she wanted to go on a spending spree buying stuff.
I saved the 900 buck a month mortage, but the marriage ended.
OP could try cold spray on various parts while set is operating but theres high voltage hazard and its likely not worth the effort
On 1/17/2011 4:02 PM, HeyBub wrote:

The key to a successful relationship is giving in completely. Eventually she will get her way and you could have just avoided all that suffering along the way.
Jeff

they're called SWMBO; She Who Must Be Obeyed.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On Jan 17, 7:21am, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You really might then be unhappy with a 27 lcd, as I think its near 5" shorter, you should look into it first. Thats what happened to me. Or get a 55"-65" tv and use a saw. I think 55 is the way to go.
ransley wrote:

Yup, Hang a big screen on the wall and get on with life, buy one on line and have it delivered to your front door and you will be watching it this time Thursday. Over the air TV isn't all that bad anymore, if you are within reasonable distance from a big city it's worth an antenna to get the sub channels. Get a computer with remote keyboard and mouse and plug it in and you can get some pretty decent online streaming sites blue ray and of course game boxes for the grandkids and surround sound and a dozen other things. I saw a really nice big screen Sony CRT/with pedestal at the 2nd hand store, not a thing wrong with it except for the SD screen showing all those old 486 raster lines for 49.99 a while back.
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:04:29 -0600, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

where the TV is has a window in it (covered by a set of shutters). The bottom of the shutters are about 4 feet from the floor and the room is only 11 feet wide.. Hard to get more than 12 feet from the screen too.
Upstairs in the living room we have a 42 inch plasma on top of the fake electric fireplace. Same sized room.
On Jan 17, 12:04pm, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Over air HD 720p is a good quality picture, he has internet, Netflix is only 9 bucks a month, better than going to blockbuster.
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:50:59 -0800 (PST), ransley

lot better than the "monitor" sizing of 16:9)
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca writes

Isn't the other way around ('traditional' monitor 16:10, 'proper' TV 16:9)?
--
Ian

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:21:56 +0000, Ian Jackson

A wide screen TV is usually 16:9 There are some 16:10 in each. Mine is 16:10 - which means it is higher for the same width, which in my case is what I was looking for. Most of the wide-screen monitors offered for sale today are 16:9 (I guess so people can watch HDTV on them)
This TV was the only 28" 16:10 I could find "locally" - I only had to drive 68 miles one way to pick it up.
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:25:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The HDTV standard is 16:9 so that's what most TVs are made for. Computer monitor makers are using the cheaper (economy of scale) TV panels, making 16:10 monitors more uncommon (and even more expensive).

There is a bog difference between 16:10 and 16:9 on the desktop, but why a TV?

You can adjust display somewhat from full, h-full, zoom or 4:3 and yet you can adjust vertical height or horzontal spread. It's in the menu on your TV set. If your set does not have this feature, must be El Cheapo set. Also when you go into dual diplay mode cloning laptop or your desk top screen you need this feature useful.

And none will be right.

I know you're a moron. You need not advertise it.

My laptop is 16:10, but it's *never* been connected to a TV. It's not "needed" in any case.

No video streaming? No movie watching?
On 1/18/2011 12:40 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Only techno-geeks and/or rich people have broadband fast enough to do that, here in North America.
--
aem sends...

On 1/18/2011 3:44 AM, aemeijers wrote:

I just watched most of The Green Hornet online, I'm not rich so I must be a techno-geek. I watch most TV shows online and I just checked my cable modem speed which is 6.88/0.49 Mbps. We did have the extra cost turbo speed for a while and I would see speeds of 17/1.5 Mbps at times. If I was rich or a lottery winner, I would start a "Save The Rednecks" foundation to teach Rednecks how to use The Interweb and properly set up a mobile home for broad band communications. :-)
TDD