TV repairable?

We got younger? ;-)

The senior ticket cut-off was 55; $4.50/ticket. They raised it to 65 a year or so ago ($9.50) and we spend *way* less.

Reply to
krw

Well, they were a big handful!

Seems like plastic and LSI's don't cost much in quantity.

I spent the extra bucks on my cell, $50. Having had a non clamshell, and having butt dialed before my "boss", it was worth the extra money.

I have an acquaintance who is a total jerk, his voice mail was butt dialed by someone he greatly admired. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) the call occurred while he was having a conversation of how much better the Jerk's wife's life would be if she left him. Technology always has unintended consequences!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I've had a TracFone for years and when they switched from analog to digital the company sent me a replacement at no charge. I made up a name for them to send it to so I retain privacy. No contracts, no personal information is in their record about me so they can't violate my privacy. It's amusing to see junk mail arrive for my imaginary cell phone customer. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, I should have specified "devices with CRTs" - no one wants a head full of glass splinters.

Like I said, it's been a long time I've been into anything with a CRT. Considering all the other nanny-state garbage there is to put up with, it certainly seems unusual that they did away with the need for cheater cords. Some of my earliest memories are of my dad turning the huge DuMont TV around to undo the perforated masonite back to look for dark tubes and other gremlins and the look of horror on my mom's face.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cheater cord? Just remove the clip which holds the cord to the back panel. Then you can plug back in the cord w/o panel and turn on the set.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That was funny to read. I haven't heard "cheater cord" in so long, I could just hear my Dad saying it 40 years ago (not that he stopped saying it then, that's just were my memory took me).

Reply to
Tony Miklos