tubing cutter

Hi everyone. I am replacing a 3" piece of copper drain line in my home. Do they make a tubing cutter big enough to cut 3" copper? The biggest I have seen cuts 2 1/8" O.D. Worst case, will a hacksaw suffice if I debur the piece at the end? Thanks. Eric
Eric and Megan Swope wrote:

Yes to both...

Hacksaw and emery cloth works for me.
I'm sure 3" tubing cutters exist... and I'm sure they aren't cheap.
You'd be amazed the junk at HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberY83
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is turtle.
Stormy wait for the sale and i got the #3 set for $9.95 on sale about a year ago.
TURTLE
On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:52:56 GMT, "Eric and Megan Swope"

Hacksaw will work fine, but just go easy and let the saw do the work. If you lean in to it, you may put the pipe out of round. Copper is quite soft...
Cu is very soft. Go rent a pipe cutter (biggest I have is 8" by Ridgid) if you start to bang around metal drains there is an excellent chance you'll cause leaks elsewhere.
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.

I have cut tons of copper with sawzall and never caused leaks elsewhere. (that I know of) I have never even heard of this happening I use a very fine toothed blade and of course you dont allow it to shake everything like crazy. I would not even try to use a hacksaw thats stupid! You need to do yourself a favor and not listen to those guys, they are not plumbers, obviously.
doug do yourself a favor and buy a file, you dont debur pipe with emery cloth.
You guys are full of shit
message wrote:

Maybe if you'd try it once, you wouldn't say that... I've deburred pipe both ways after cutting with a hacksaw, and found that coarse emery cloth is faster than a file, and leaves a smoother surface. If a file works better for you, fine. But don't knock emery cloth until you've tried it a time or two.
Try www.harborfreight.com for the tubing cutter. itemnumberY83
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberY83
Cost an entire 16.99, plus shipping and a handling charge.
Hacksaw oughta do it -- how are you reataching it. Sweat solder?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus