Trying my luck at posting photos...

Using Picasa for the first time, I thought it might be interesting to post a shot of an epoxy bonded framing done last year. The URL I came up with is:

and the tinyurl is:

Using Google on an iMac, and I don't see a way to underline and turn the text blue, or do a proper hyperlink. If this works, I'll post some other things.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Worked perfectly fine.

Reply to
someone

I can see your picture just fine, Joe. Actually I can see the thumbnail, and clicking on the thumbnail brings up a larger version.

As to making the link blue and underlined, that happens at the recipient's end, and occurs when the newsreading software identifies it as a hyperlink (this is a good thing, as usenet is a text-based medium).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

The first link worked fine as others have posted.

I am a little leery of any shortened URL as I do not know what they lead to.

Reply to
Colbyt

It worked just fine Joe. Where can I get more info on Epoxy bonded framing? Google isn't turning up much without better context to search on. Something like a link to the manufacturer of the epoxy would help tremendously.

TIA

Matt

Reply to
Matt Williamson

I agree. that's why tinyurl has a preview link so you can see the url you're going to first. I wish more people would use it when they post links. Of course it's easy enough just to add it to the link yourself. It works for any tinyurl link AFAICT.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Williamson

I just noticed that you can enable a cookie that automatically redirects standard tinyurl links to a preview so you can just enable that and worry no more.

Reply to
Matt Williamson

Do you really know where any unknown link is going?

Anyway

Ron

No. But I have enough common sense to realize that if it links to download.php or any of a few other files I may not want to click on it.

Most of the better managed forums do not allow redirected URLs. A Few of those sites have been hijacked and even if the initial poster was real you never know where the link is going later.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I've clicked on perfectly "normal" links before only to be redirected to a malware site because the poster was a malicious little bitch.

Reply to
Ron

Is this re-inventing the SIMPSON joist hanger in "2 BY" Lumber ? Is there a reason why someone would go to all the obvious time/trouble rather than use a joist hanger ? Just wondering..

Reply to
Rudy

I didn't think of it until now, but for my email, everything goes through "Mailwasher Pro" first and there it shows the link and the 'real' link. I don't think I can do that with newsgroups.

I like Mailwasher, especially since when it was freeware (or shareware?) I paid the guy $20 because I liked the program. A month later I think they were bought out or went commercial or something, but by paying that $20 7 or 8 years ago, I have free updates for life.

Reply to
Tony

This is pretty ironic. Don't know of you use McAfee Site Advisor or not, but if you go to

MSA has the following warning.............

In our tests, we found downloads on this site that some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs.

Reply to
Ron

I did that structural element that way because SWMBO wanted 'an open plan' in a 16' x 24' space. My architect said the 2x8's had to be bolted to the doubled 2 x 12's so I just went ahead and glued up 4 L- shaped pieces on both sides, set the 2x8's on the glued on shelf, cemented and clamped the whole thing together. That eliminated a load bearing wall that really wasn't well supported on the bottom anyway, and corrected 50 years of sagging ceiling. Simpsons are neat things, but the 2x8's here carry 2x4 ceiling rafters, and yes, I used Simpsons on those.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I've been doing epoxy bonded framing for years, but it isn't done commercially because of the cost. I buy resin and hardeners from an industrial distributor, but there are many good suppliers out there like West Systems, etc. that should show up on Google. I'm going to be brave and try a Picasa link of trusses I made. Bought one commercial 30 truss and used it as the pattern for all the rest. Gussets were scrap 1/2 " plywood screwed and epoxied in place. My building inspector was in awe.

Joe

Reply to
Joe