Trisodium Phosphate to clean walls ?

I was told that I should use trisodium phosphate to clean walls before painting. The walls are mainly dirty from cigarette smoke.

Should I use this or some other product. I have also read that I shouldnt use trisodium phosphate to clean walls before painting because it can cause the paint to not bond to the walls.

Thanks

Reply to
DXer

TSP will work fine....just let everything dry. And use a primer...that will ensure good adhesion and a seal over the cigarette smoke smell/staining.

Reply to
curmudgeon

Hi, TSP is fine. R U DXer? How many countries confirmed? Tony, VE6CGX

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Phisherman