Trellis / lattice not anchored in the ground?

Hello experts! I want to build a simple shade structure over my back patio to keep the summer sun off us as we sit outside - I've found a bunch of possible plans, but most of them call for sinking all of the support beams into the ground - my privacy fence is right on the property line, and the concrete patio goes right up to the fence - I don't want to have to punch holes in the concrete - is it OK to have two of the support pieces resting on the concrete, with only the two on the other side of the patio sunk into the ground? Thanks.

Reply to
Texas Yankee

Absolutely! I would anchor the posts to the concrete with a suitable expansion type bolt and suitable base to avoid uplift forces.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Reply to
nospambob