Transferable Window Warranty

Hi, I bought my house last year. All windows were replaced in 2001 with a 35 transferable warranty. We are happy with them, however I found that a few windows' stripper are coming loose. Called the company (WeatherGard windows in Michigan) and they are asking a $125.00 fee to transfer the warranty before any services are made. Nothing says about that fee in the warranty papers and the company claims it is "Company Policy". Is this about true? Any help is appreciated...
Polcracio wrote:

It sure sounds like a violation of contract to me. I suggest you will need to contact a local attorney as the law covering this may be different in different areas. There is a general national code (in the US anyway) but local laws may vary.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Since your not the original owner/purchaser, all bets may be off. Would have been part of the contract when I bought the home. Warranty is for the original purchaser, they would have to be the ones that would have gotten it transferred.
Is it worth the $125 for the pieces you need? What will it cost for the pieces?
Read their warranty, for Low E Argon having a warranty is a good idea. 125 is not much for issues that may arise in 10-20 years.
What does the warranty say?