Trailer home will need repairs

Page 1 of 2
June 13, Thurs, 2013
It's nearly 9 PM, and I'm in the living room at the computer. There is a flashling light blinking at my window. It has been going for several minutes, so I went to the window to look out. It's the fire department, out front of the neighbors.
I put on my coat, and get my umbrella, as it's a bit wet. Two trailers away, a tree has fallen, and the trunk went through the side wall and roof of a trailer. Towards the back, looks like through the master bedroom. The Fire Department is there, and trying to get the power off. The meter and big breaker box out back are behind the massive tree trunk. A call is out, to the power company.
Red Cross shows up. The one woman said she came from a couple miles from here, and their power is out. I chatted with the man of the house, I may have a tarp or two, and some rope. Cover the roof a bit, hold down the damage. He's a mess of stress.
The Red Cross woman asked to borrow a flashlight. Wow, hit my happy button! But, she found a neighbor to let her use the table to write forms, and decided she didn't need a flashlight. Sigh.
Now it's 9:30 and the fire dept is still here, and the family is still outdoors. I'm not sure what else I can do, maybe nothing. The agencies are here, they are going to be put up for the night. I'm sure they will be fine. So, I'll finish this message, and probably go to bed early. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . . . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 6/13/2013 9:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

tree has fallen, and the trunk went through the side wall and roof of a trailer. Towards the back, looks like through the master bedroom. Yup! Trees are beautiful...till they come crashing through your roof.
Lot of work, raking leaves in the fall. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 6/13/2013 9:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

roof of a trailer. Towards the back, looks like through the master bedroom.
Yup! Trees are beautiful...till they come crashing through your roof.

a tree has fallen, and the trunk went through the side wall and roof of a trailer. Towards the back, looks like through the master bedroom.

Yeah, man, this was beyond cool. It was intents. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

Most trailers may as well be tents when it comes to trees.
On 6/14/2013 12:26 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A guy runs into the psychiatrist's office and yells "I'm a teepee! I'm a pup! I'm a teepee! I'm a pup!"
The doctor replies "Your problem is obvious. You're two tents."
Couple years ago, on the Dr. Laura show, she had corny jokes. Someone told this one, but it was a teepee and wigwam. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
[...]

Check back in the morning........probably personal papers and belongings that need to be salvaged....a shoulder to cry on. Sounds like nobody hurt? Take care.
From what I can figure, no one hurt. The four residents didn't appear to be bandaged up, or whatnot. I offered to help tarp the roof, and was gently brushed off, so I won't press. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Check back in the morning........probably personal papers and belongings
that need to be salvaged....a shoulder to cry on. Sounds like nobody hurt? Take care.
On 6/13/2013 8:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are you going to help them as much as you can? Easter of 2011 I was hospitalized with pneumonia when a berserker storm came through the area. I couldn't help people clean up the debris because I was too sick but I was able to give people a ride when they needed to get somewhere. People from all over showed up to help their neighbors because listeners to the evil Conservative talk radio shows organized help before FEMA even woke up. It was amazing, folks from all over the country showed up or sent supplies. There was even help from people in New York State. One of the small communities hit was the town of Phil Campbell, Al and guys named Phil Campbell from all over the world showed up to help. It's one of those strange events that show how good people really are no matter where they come from. ^_^
TDD
I've seen (or watched Youtube videos) of the best of the best, and the worst of the worst. Aparently, after Hurricane Katrina, a few people were given the chance to film the African immigrants doing thier looting and sacking and pillaging.
On the other hand, I guess the good people who were kind and friendly didn't get filmed as much? No fun filming people being nice.
Glad to hear you did what you could. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Are you going to help them as much as you can? Easter of 2011 I was hospitalized with pneumonia when a berserker storm came through the area. I couldn't help people clean up the debris because I was too sick but I was able to give people a ride when they needed to get somewhere. People from all over showed up to help their neighbors because listeners to the evil Conservative talk radio shows organized help before FEMA even woke up. It was amazing, folks from all over the country showed up or sent supplies. There was even help from people in New York State. One of the small communities hit was the town of Phil Campbell, Al and guys named Phil Campbell from all over the world showed up to help. It's
one of those strange events that show how good people really are no matter where they come from. ^_^
TDD
On 6/14/2013 8:10 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

My neighbor has six little kids and we were without power for several days. I gave them 20lbs of ice and loaned them an LED flood light. Folks around here try to help each other and when you help someone the person you help will tend to look out for you and keep an eye on your house when you're away. ^_^
TDD
Hope my neighbors look out for me. I havn't been all that encouraged. Well, maybe they will.
I didn't get the sense that these folks are very friendly. Dad is about 350 pounds, and says he is on disability. Mom barely spoke with me.
The trailer across the street changed hands a couple times. The new guy is young, twenties, ex-mil, and works at the VA. Nice enough. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
My neighbor has six little kids and we were without power for several days. I gave them 20lbs of ice and loaned them an LED flood light. Folks around here try to help each other and when you help someone the person you help will tend to look out for you and keep an eye on your house when you're away. ^_^
TDD
On 6/14/2013 8:10 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I saw one video where a group of young Mormon kids were helping out people in those storm ravaged areas of New York and New Jersey. I always tell someone who claims to be a good Christian, "Don't tell me how good you are, show me how good you are." The small churches have folks there who are the best in my book. They don't have a lot of money but those folks will do what ever they can for other people. I've found that many, not all, members of those mega-churches are a bit persnickety which I find sad. A couple of friends of mine were members of two of those mega-churches and they're darn good people but the group of deacons told them they didn't need them in their church anymore. One was a wonderful gal who is a fantastic singer. She sang at a nightclub and the snooty members told her she should find another church. A fellow I know was providing a product to a horse track was told by the deacons that he should find another church. That's why I don't do any work for mega-churches. o_O
TDD
Mormons may be the exception to the "mega church snooty" rule. I've seen enough cases of Mormons on the move, to help out in disasters. I've met some of the uber high ranking Mormons in person, and they tend to be very gentle, patient, and lovable.
The Jehovas Witness and Cathollics also have disaster responses.
I've been to JW service one time, and totally did not feel the Spirit of the Lord there. Less sure about Catholics, not attended there. I went to my grand mother's funeral (Episcopal) and didn't feel the Spirit. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
How were you raised, and what do you practice now that you're adult? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
[...]
On 6/14/2013 10:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was tortured by nuns when I was a kid which made me decide it was a bunch of crap. When I grew up I started my own religion called Earthism. I call it The First Church Of Earth. When a Jesus Freak would ask me about it, I would tell them, "I'm sorry, it's a sin for me to discuss my religion with anyone outside my faith. You wouldn't want to make me a sinner now would you?" They would then ask, "well how do you get to be an Earthist?" My answer, "You're chosen." Usually when I'm approached by one of those irritating Christian proselytizers, I tell them I'm a Satanist and practice Satanism. At one time I had a black cape I'd put on to answer the door when they would come through the neighborhood knocking on doors. I would answer the door and in my most evil voice would ask them if they would like to participate in a Satanic ritual because we need a sacrifice. This usually sent them running or getting off them porch posthaste. The same ones never showed up again for some reason. ^_^
TDD
Sounds like you're an honest man who hasn't yet found the truth. Or, that's what my sense is. I hope you find truth, some day. You can guess what I'd reccomend for your next church to study. Please study with real Mormons, not with your buddy's pastor. Most other churches don't know what LDS really teaches and believes. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
[...]
On 6/14/2013 5:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I deal with folks of many faiths and treat them with respect until they give me a reason not to. I'm from a mixed species family with Roman Catholic, Jews and outer space aliens on one side of the family then there are Southern Baptists, Methodists, Druids and a group that lives in caves worshiping some kind of fungus that glows in the dark on the other side of the family. So I get to pick on everybody because they're family. The last bunch are Cavebillies who never evolved into Hillbillies moving out of the caves into manufactured housing ON the hills. ^_^
TDD
That's quite a mix. I guess whatever you choose, you're bound to offend someone. There are no other Christians in my family, that I can tell. And someone bound to chime in that Mormons aren't Christian either. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .