TrackFit Crown Moulding

This product is intended to make installation of crown moulding and other types of moulding (chair rail, etc.) easier. You install brackets in key locations and attached the moulding to it. Corners are pre-cut so the theory is you only need to miter straight pieces. Material is a wood composite.

It is available at Lowe's and manufactured by EverTrue.

It is more expensive than wood moulding but if it doesn't look good (gaps, etc.) or is harder to work work than advertised, etc. I would rather use the traditional approach.

Anyone have experience with this product or something similar?

Thanks much!

Joe

Reply to
birdbrain1957

I know for a fact that putting up chair railing is dirt easy so a "labor saving" alternative is a non-starter.

The real test of a "new" technique is how it works when your ceiling isn't flat. Check the instructions and handouts and see how that is addressed.

Reply to
John Gilmer

I've done chair railing and I find it easy, too. I haven't done crown, so I thought this might help with the corners. I went ahead and bought it, so we'll see this week...

Reply to
birdbrain1957