Track lighting on GFCI

A question for the electricians on this BB:
I have a track light that will not work with a GFCI enabled circuit. No issues if I take the light bulbs out of the sockets. If I replace either bulb or both bulbs the GFCI blows as soon as the switch is thrown. If I place the track light onto a non-GFCI circuit all is fine. Of course, the GFCI circuit is now fine as well.
Thoughts?
Thanks, Matt
Matt wrote:

No replies. Hmm. Let me ask this. Why do you need track lights on a GFCI anyway?
Maybe the GFCI is trying to tell you something- like there's a ground fault/ short in the circuit. I would check the connections throughout that track light circuit, from where you connect it to GFCI to the fixture end. Have you tried plugging it with extension cord to a different GFCI?- just to confirm that the problem is with track light part of the circuit.
On Wed, 31 May 2006 10:23:24 -0400, "Matt"

I don't know why you have it on a GFCI protected circuit, so this is just a guess.
I would take it off of it, if I couldn't I would then wonder if the GFCI is 'too sensitive'. I was told as GFCI circuitry failed, it failed 'safer', tripping a lot.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com