TomTom won't stick

Page 1 of 2
It keeps falling off my windshield. Anything I can do? It doesn't seem split anywhere.
Steve

Diamond drill,and an M4 bolt and nut.

Clean it- then put it on one of these- http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Universal-GPS-Dashboard-Bean-Bag-Car-Mount/3319086/product.html
Makes it a lot easier to toss under your seat when you park at the mall-- and it doesn't leave that ring on your windshield that says 'break in and look under the seat'.
Jim

I use spit.
Greg

I use one if these for my Garmin GPS. There are adaptors for a couple of different TomTom models.
http://www.bracketron.com/gps-vent-mount-with-gps-adapters
My mount allows the power to be connected to the mount so that my Garmin powers up as soon as I clip it in.
I also have one of these for my cell phone, but I have to plug the power into phone manually.
http://www.bracketron.com/mobile-docking-kit

Damn, I thought everyone knew to use Duct Tape for shit like this!!!
jim snipped-for-privacy@3high.com wrote in wrote:

I set mine on the passenger seat.

The passenger doesn't mind?

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me, particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to it. I will never buy another GPS.
You sure you didn't hurt its feelings with that hammer treatment? GPS are very sensetive.

I threw mine in the garbage. TomTom GPS's are garbage. Or maybe they all are. I've been driving for over 40 years using free maps from the local DMV. I dont need some costly piece of electronic crap nagging me, particularly when the directions are often wrong. After my TomTom ONE caused me to waste at least $30 worth of gas, and hours of time, I deposited it in a dumpster at some gas station, after taking a hammer to it. I will never buy another GPS.
On 9/21/2012 2:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@repair.com wrote:

know I had to open the box and turn it on. I was only imagining that it was giving me instructions. I'll bet thats what happened to you.
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:

bought a clone for around $20. It looks just like the tomtom version except it has a little lever on the base that pulls the disc out creating a much better seal.
On 9/20/2012 5:05 AM, George wrote:

you can get the same thing on ebay for about $1.50.
On 9/21/2012 1:44 PM, chaniarts wrote:

I'll take twenty pieces then and I can resell them.
On 9/21/2012 3:36 PM, George wrote:

it was 1.50 when i bought mine about 6 months ago. it's up to $2.89+free shipping now
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Windshield-Mount-Holder-Suction-Cup-f-Garmin-255w-260-270-880-TomTom-iPhone-/260881413181?pt=GPS_Holders_Mounts&hash=item3cbdbe743d
On 9/21/2012 6:41 PM, chaniarts wrote:

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Windshield-Mount-Holder-Suction-Cup-f-Garmin-255w-260-270-880-TomTom-iPhone-/260881413181?pt=GPS_Holders_Mounts&hash=item3cbdbe743d
Won't work with mine. I see ones that will are around $10.
On 9/18/2012 10:32 PM, Steve B wrote:

On 09/20/2012 07:22 AM, Frank wrote:

I've had one of those. It works as long as I don't expect it to stay when the car is moving. Maybe if it weighed a few hundred pounds...
I use a suction cup mount with a little metal base that's stuck to the dashboard with some really strong tape (you leave the base there). The suction cup stays on there for more than a day. It's not too much work to reattach it daily when needed.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:32:54 PM UTC-4, Steve B wrote:

I have a Garmin. I give the suction cup a quick lick to make it stick, a trick I learned with my suction cup bow-and-arrows back in the 1950's.
Paul
Does your Garmin shoot peoples eye out?