Toilet problem

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on what might happen in this case?

That must have been a big clog. Don't ever ask to use my flusher.

Well if the bowl cracked someplace out of view like around its trap or horn you know that can't be good. Keep an eye on on things in the basement where the pipe goes up through the floor. Make sure wood is staying bone dry. Remember, water may only leak when it flushes.
It probably would take an awful lot of it but boiling water isn't the best thing for a wax seal I bet.
ssylee wrote:

The crack may be so fine that you can't see it and water won't leak yet. Now, normal expansion and contraction may enlarge the crack so that it will leak in the future. The worse that could happen is that it could split in half while you are sitting on it.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

LOL! That could be worth some bucks on one of those TV shows. Keep a 24x7 loop camera on it.

ssylee wrote:

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
evodawg wrote:

I poured very hot (not boiling) water into a toilet once. The beeswax ring that seals the toilet base to the waste pipe flange melted and it rained in the room below.
My advice: don't pour hot water into the toilet.
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:23:58 -0700 (PDT), ssylee

The noise was probably just the plumbing shifting.
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:23:58 -0700 (PDT), ssylee

Never put hot water into a toilet! You will have to replace the cracked bowl.
Your bigger problem is melting wax that is use for seal under the bowl you need rotor router a plumber to line and not the toilet bowl Tony