Toilet Handle Location - New Home

Puzzled: Guys are expected to SEE that the seat is down, then lift it before spraying..=20 But the gals can't look and lower? Are they incapable of determining the position of the seat by looking at it?

(Personally, I wish seats in men's restrooms would automatically kift

30 seconds after taking the weight off them to avoid the problems caused by guys who lach the strength to lift the seat first..)

(My flush lever is wxposed, but the tank is an older, wider one. )

Doug Warner

Yes that would be better. and you could wrap the duct tape around the end for a padded look.

Reply to
Phil Scott

well yes...but if you left the seat up on one of those, and the wife had an errrr. problem you were in real big trouble.

Reply to
Phil Scott

No. It can be "different" WITHOUT being "mismatched". It can be "different" without being "wrong" or anybody's "mistake". If it is a commonly sold toilet you would be hard pressed to make any successful claim of defect.

It is just your idiosyncracy, so be up froint and treat it as such. That way you do not need to try and "get" anyone else to "say" anything. If you are on good terms with the builder and they have other houses going up in the neighborhood, ask them that (though it may be silly but it bothers you), would they switch it to the same toilets that were in the model. They might actually do it for free if you have not been dicking with them and throwing fits over every little thing along the way.

Even if they will charge for the plumbers' time, it might not be much if they can just switch it out with another house under construction. Or give you the toilets out of the model, and put yours in there. And BTW, NO PICTURES. What's the point, its not that you are going to have any success PROVING anything, that is not the point. I think that would make you look even more foolish.

If this would cost you $200 for the plumber, would you still do it? It is not wrong to want your home a certain way, but that doesn't mean that anybody else made any mistakes or did anything wrong, or needs to "say" anything for you.

-v.

I see the problem. The tank was designed by someone that knows all about toilets, but little about real life. Yes, the handle is well hidden behind the seat lid. The truth is, the lid should be closed before flushing. The reality is, very few people do it.

Tests showed that after flushing a toilet, the tiny mist of water permeated the bathroom as fat as six feet. It got onto the sink and people's toothbrushes. Not visible, but was real.

Your choices are: replace put up with a little awkwardness in flushing change your sanitary habits and close the lid

My guess that most of us would do one or two. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I've tried hard to refrain from responding to this thread, but I can't help myself, so here goes....

It seems to me that this guy probably wants to flush while sitting on the toilet - not afterwards. I.e., what is known as a mid-poop "courtesy" flush. I can see how the present handle arrangement might make that a bit awkward.

My recommendation? Eat more fiber.

jen

Reply to
shinypenny

- Edwin Pawlowski -

- shinypenny or jen -

- Nehmo - If OP flushes before getting up, then he is missing the opportunity to examine. As we all know, this is an essential part of the procedure.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev